Start Date is not before End Date
Filter Events by
The Mobile Learning Adventure (MLA) is a traveling exhibit that provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn about the importance of early childhood education while they engage in fun activities with their children.
Under the bright orange tents, children get a hands-on opportunity to learn about everything from making decisions about needs versus wants, to using their imaginations to dream about what they want to be when they grow up.
The MLA is a part of PNC Grow Up Great – a $500 million, multi-year bilingual initiative that began in 2004 to help prepare children from birth to age 5 for success in school and life.
The MLA leads families through different activities outlined below. At the beginning of their adventure, families receive a Passport Book that guides them through the activities, earning sticker badges throughout the exhibit. Parents also have the option to register their email address or phone number at the Photo Station to receive their child’s photo, digitally.
1. Passport – Children will receive their own passport booklet to take with them throughout the activation, where they can receive a sticker for every station they visit.
2. Match Board – While children wait in line, they can familiarize themselves with some of the occupations available at the MLA photo station by matching the job name with its pictures and tools.
3. Making Choices Disc Run – This activity helps parents and caregivers teach their children about “wants” vs. “needs” as a foundation for making good financial choices.
4. Paper Hat Occupation Station – At this station, kids will select and decorate a paper hat that corresponds with our available occupations at the photo station.
5. Spinners - While kids wait in line they can use their imagination with some of the occupations available at the MLA photo station by spinning the different sections to create a profession.
6. Costume Wall – Children will choose an occupation to dress up as what they’d like to be when they grow up (examples include a firefighter, chef, artist, and more). Their photo will be taken at the photo station.
7. When I Grow Up Photo Station – Kids will have their photo taken in their costume, with a custom occupational background! The photo will be printed right there in the MLA for kids to take home in a Grow Up Great frame.
8. Story Telling Tree – This station will encourage dialogue between the parent and child as the child will answer the following prompt by writing on a lead and attaching it to the tree: “When I grow up, I want to be ___ because ___.
9. Giveaway Table – Tote bags will be given to each family filled with educational resources for caregivers.